Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Picture perfect...

Often I recommend to my clients that they choose a photographer carefully. It is very important that they need to feel comfortable with this person - not only will they be spending a lot of intimate time with them, they are expected to capture the couple's most beautiful and memorable moments. If my clients are not comfortable with the photographer they've chosen, the pictures won't lie - what a huge disappointment it can turn out to be.

This advice is easy enough to provide to my clients but this last Sunday I realized how hard it was if you're like me. I avoid (at all cost) having my photos taken but recently I gave in. My thoughts, "How hard could this be?". Low and behold, even my dear friend Nat of NDS Photography was not ready for the challenge - poor lady she didn't know what she was up for.

I thought it would be even better if I invited our newest addition to Beyond Events, Allison, to join us that afternoon. Unlike me, Allison adores having her pictures taken so she was enjoying every minute - what a gorgeous lady ;)

Although the first 15 mins were a slow start (for me), the rest of the afteroon was filled with Allison cracking jokes and Nat making funny faces (yes like a child having their photo taken...I too needed distractions to make me smile naturally). We ended up having a great time, walked around the Byward Market area, and took some fantastic shots while the weather was gorgeous!

Expert photographers are worth the money spent...they are able to position and direct you, figure out the best lighting (use it to their advantage) and best of all make someone like me smile and forget that photos were ever taken!

THANKS Nat and Allison for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment