Monday, September 27, 2010

Unique touch...seasonal and sustainable

I had the pleasure of attending a great event tonight that featured menu samples from the Whalesbone Catering Company. On this rainy night, I ventured out to find myself at the corner of Kent and Arlington joining over 80 others to check out first hand what the Whalesbone Catering offers its clients. We were treated to sample delicious seasonal food, local wines and Kichesippi beer. There was the opportunity to try an oyster while they were shucking.

What I thought was interesting was that I found out they are "Ocean Wise" Certified -this means that "when sourcing suppliers for oysters and finfish, they are conscious of the status of the stocks, and also the method of harvest or catch." This is truly unique for a full service catering company. It is apparent that they care that much more in the food they serve! Not only was the food a delight, I also had the pleasure of meeting Kate, Chief of Catering & Event Coordinator. Not only was she fun to talk to but her style and grace in speaking about the Company's uniqueness and service sold me. Definately looking forward to working with her and her staff on an event very soon!

And some bragging rights for this them is that their very own Charlotte Langley will be competing in the Gold Medal Plates competition on Tuesday November 16th National Arts Centre.

If you have a chance, you should visit their Oyster House at 430 Bank Street - maybe I'll see you there one night for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment