Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Empowering women and home-based businesses in our neighbourhood!

What a great idea and concept - last night I participated in the Stonebridge Ladies Night Out event that showcased a variety of home-based businesses. The event was held at the Stonebridge Golf and Country Club and the turn out was fantastic - over 200 came to show their support. I met lots of very interesting women - both as attendees and as exhibitors in various stages of their business.

The exhibitors in the room ranged from Esthetics from Peacock Esthetics and Make Up Artists to to creative design ideas from Uppercase Living. Right beside me was Jennifer Bailey, a very talented photographer with beautiful images to showcase. We were able to chit chat over the course of the night and although she does mostly family and newborn portraits, I truly hope that we are able to work together on an event. On the other side of me was Amy from Stampin Up who started her business 6 months ago and she's only in her 20's. It's always great to see women entrepreneurship thrive at any age.

Between the laughs, drinks and food, I did end up making a deal with one woman who visited my table - her proposal...if I can find her a potential husband, she'd hire me as her Wedding Planner in a heartbeat - potential for a new service ;)

Thanks to all the ladies for a great night...looking forward to the next one!

AS A FOLLOW ON TO THIS EVENT...MY PICTURE IS IN THE BARRHAVEN INDEPENDENT - WOW THANKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment