The amount of hairspray and spandex in the room on Feb 20th was phenomenal! On that Saturday night, I brought together a room full of women (only) to "Bring back the 80's"!!!! It truly was a room full of women who inspire me by their true generosity and warm hearted nature. The review was fantastic and lots of women came up to me during the night and asked me if I was making this an annual event - YES MAAM!!! Not only did we support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation but we brought girlfriends together to enjoy a night of pleasure and pampering!
I have to thank each of you:
1) Carolyne Malette - http://www.marriottcourtyardottawa.com/ - I can not thank this woman enough - she is truly a great woman who deserves to be praised. When I approached her about my idea she was jumping out of her seat and since then I've seen so much excitement and enthusiasm - OR was that frustration with me ;) I truly could not have made any of this happen without her. Follow her hotel on Twitter @CourtyardOttawa.
2) Wedecor - www.wedecor.ca - The lovely centrepieces were generously donated by Nancy who does decor for events/weddings. She is fantastic and truly provides quality work. Woot Woot!!!
3) PM Event Services - http://www.pmeventservices.ca/ - All the women had a blast from the past and wanted the 80s music to continue all night long thanks to the groovin' of AJDJ. PM Event Services offer great DJs for weddings and events.
4) Yuk Yuk's - www.yukyuks.com - Two lady comedians (Dana and Andrea) who were a huge hit! It was a great way to start off the night and to get the women ready for more fun.
5) Marie Marie Marie (Van Dusen) - http://fantasia.ca/ - She officially made us laugh so hard it hurt!!! So she truly is the best Fantasia consultant in this city because she makes your home party so much fun - If you ever had any bachelorette parties, girls night in, etc...she's your woman! Truly a fun but generous lady who I have had the pleasure of knowing for years.
6) Cindy Almond - http://www.sensuallyactive.com/ottawa.htm - This lady makes it look so darn easy?!!! She provided the chair and pole dancing lessons...wow was that not a huge hit! If you ever want to plan a home party or a great alternative to a bachelorette party or better yet, just sign up for a regular fitness/sensual pole dance class with her at her studio! Bring your friends - thanks again for teaching everyone how to be sensually active and you can follow her on twitter @SensuallyActive
7) Shakira and Colleen - http://www.littlecakes.ca/ - Best little cupcakes EVER! These ladies donated their little pink cupcakes in so many flavours.. what a pleasure for everyone. She does all types of events/weddings, etc - I could eat them all the time...not a good idea. Follow them on Twitter @LittleCakes and join their facebook group.
8) Julie Vignale - I'm Truly a Truffle Maker - she is truly a truffle maker (trouble-maker...get it) and even though she couldn't come and join us that night, her truffles were a highlight nonetheless.
9) Brenda Burich - www.partylite.biz/bburich -She has been fantastic and her Partylite display was beautiful and really captured the pamper and pleasure theme. If you ever need any candles or partylite products or to host a party, pls contact Brenda -
10) Urbanite Jewelry - http://www.urbanitejewelry.com/ - I have the pleasure to be hosting Wed by Hand and Bridal Bargains with her on Sat Feb 27th! Check out some of her cool jewelery which she can customize so let her know if you want to give something unique to a friend.
11) Melanie - www.maitlandmassage.ca - Melanie offered free back massage and she was quite busy with the women lining up for a quick massage. She is a Registered Massage Therepist and can work wonders.
12) Michele - http://www.comfyposturesolutions.com/tab_home - Custom bra fitting is what all women need. Thank you so much for your generosity!
13) Marina - http://www.puredanceottawa.com/ - She provides dance lessons (everything from Salsa to Ballroom) to which you do not need a partner plus I love the fact that she can help to choreagraph a couple's first wedding dance!!! Check her out at her studio(s)!
14) Genesis Mobile Spa - She is a mobile spa so now you can get pampered at home! She can do spa parties and what a fun idea for bachelorette or wedding parties. She also does makeup so if you have a special occasion, just book an appointment with her!
15) Cheryl Godard - Avon lady at your leisure who donated a large gift for our prize table. If you ever want some Avon products, contact Cheryl!
Last but not least OttawaKiosk.com, Rogers Daytime TV with Derek and Elise, 105.3 KISS FM, and especially Brother Bob Derro from Oldies 1310 who promoted the event!! Might I add that Brother Bob generously donated our GRAND PRIZE which was an opportunity to co-host the morning show - Congrats to Nadia our winner!
Final words - thank you thank you thank you for the generosity from each and every one of the ladies that attended...I love promoting local businesses and it was truly a night of pleasure and pampering!
For anyone who is enticed to attend our 2nd annual "Bringing Back the 80's", follow my Facebook fan page (Beyond Events) or on twitter @Beyond_Events....OK hope to see everyone again same time, same place, same event to Bring Back the 80's for the Cure!!!